Sarasota / Bradenton Trucking Accident Lawyers
Truck accidents can be particularly devastating to victims due to the sheer size of the truck. Trucks can weigh tens of tons and, in some cases, passenger vehicles are at a severe disadvantage in such accidents. If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in a truck accident, you deserve an attorney who is both compassionate and knowledgeable. Only an experienced truck accident attorneylike those at Luhrsen Law Group in Sarasota can get you the compensation you deserve and understand who may be held liable.
Truck accidents can be extremely complex due to all of parties and entities involved. Any of these groups may be to blame for the truck accident itself, as well as failures in equipment or road hazards that lead up to the accident.
Some possible parties that may be held liable in a Sarasota or Bradenton area truck accident include:
- Truck driver – Truck drivers are human and make mistakes. What separates them from most drivers is that they are on the road for hours. Violation of how long they are on the road, driving under the influence, and speeding are all negligent behaviors that may lead to accidents.
- Trucking company – Trucking companies sometimes pressure their drivers to get to a certain place by a certain time, which in turn can lead a driver to feel that he must violate regulations and laws in order to comply and keep his job. Beyond that, trucking companies are also in charge of inspecting the truck cab, truck trailer, and any other equipment to make sure it is road safe.
- Loading company – Truck loading companies have a responsibility to make sure the load is balanced and will not shift in transit. Improperly loaded trucks are at increased risk for rollovers, cargo loss and other accidents.
- Truck manufacturers – Vehicle and parts manufacturers may be held liable if it is determined that a defective product caused the truck accident.
- Local, state, and Federal road agencies – Truck accidents may be the result of poor road design, road construction, or road maintenance. If an agency responsible for maintaining the road is found negligent, they may also be responsible for the accident.
These examples of the responsibilities of the various parties involved in trucking illustrate the added complexities accidents involving commercial trucks can entail. For these reasons, you need an experienced truck accident attorney to handle your claim. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in the Sarasota or Bradenton, Florida area, please contact the experienced truck accident attorneys at the Luhrsen Law Group for an initial consultation today.