Rental Car Accident Attorneys Sarasota & Bradenton
With its vast coastline, variety of entertainment opportunities and inviting climate, Florida draws tourists from all over nearly all year long. Many of our visitors rent cars during their visits … and sometimes, they get involved in auto accidents during their stay.
If you are involved in an auto accident while in a rental car, much of what you need to do is identical to what you would otherwise do, with some additional steps (as noted in italics below).
Steps to Take Following an Accident in a Rental Car
- Make sure everyone is all right. Call for emergency medical assistance or seek out appropriate medical care if anyone is injured.
- Call the police so that the car accident can be properly documented.
- Exchange information with the other driver, take pictures of the accident scene, and give a statement to the police. Ensure witness information is also obtained. Do not admit fault.
- Call the rental agency to tell them you’ve been involved in an accident and ask for guidance on how to proceed next.
- Also, call your own insurance company and report that you’ve been involved in an accident in a rental car to them as well.
- Also notify the credit card company you used to pay for the rental and inform them.
While the process seems fairly straightforward, a car accident on vacation or while on a business trip can add additional stressors and you may not appreciate all of the appropriate steps to take.
If you have been involved in an accident in a rental car in the Sarasota or Bradenton, Florida area, please contact the experienced car accident attorneys at the Luhrsen Law Group for a free, initial case consultation. You never owe us attorney fees or costs, unless and until we recover a settlement for you.