I work on behalf of the injured every day because of the sense of purpose and enjoyment that work gives me. Working hard, taking pride in those efforts, and helping others combined with my broad educational background, diverse legal experience and extensive courtroom practice make for a combination that I feel best ensures that Florida families are well represented against the big insurance companies that defend the negligent.
I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you more about how I and the firm can assist you and your family. Please contact us today to set up your confidential, no-cost initial consultation.
About Me and My Background
My belief in the importance of service and hard work got its firmest root nearly 30 years ago, when fresh out of Plant High School in Tampa, I enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. As I worked to support myself, fulfill my military obligations and attend school full time, I gained a real pride of ownership in whatever job I undertook. Though sometimes a lot to juggle, with determination I proudly graduated from both college and from law school. Along the way, my law school efforts led to a number of academic awards, including merit scholarships, and opportunities serving on the Moot Court Board, interning with the Federal Judiciary, and helping fellow students as a Teaching Fellow. It all came together in a way that I believe prepared me well for the practice of personal injury law and the trial work that these cases often bring.
After law school, I once again looked to the military as a way of testing my skills as a lawyer. During my U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) Corps years, I had the honor of serving with and providing legal assistance to soldiers and got my initial courtroom experience trying cases as a military prosecutor and as a Special Assistant United States Attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice.
In an effort to become an even better court-room attorney, I went back to school to specifically improve my trial skills studying this area intensively for another year. Temple University’s and Stetson University’s highly regarded trial advocacy program work have helped me serve my clients well in front of juries and judges across Florida.
Licensed in to practice law in both Florida and Virginia, I have, since 1998, focused on representing Florida consumers with tort claims and insurance disputes.
Regardless of where our clients are from, we would be pleased to talk with you more about how we can be of service to you and your loved ones. Please contact us today to set up your confidential, no-cost initial consultation.
More About Me and My Community Involvement
Outside of my direct work with clients, I have had the pleasure of working with several related community organizations. Through this work, I am able to help make sure that Florida laws and public policy protect the safety of Florida consumers and help keep Florida consumer-friendly.
In an effort to stay current in the field of personal injury plaintiff’s work, I have taught courses to attorneys and paralegals, authored legal articles and am active in plaintiffs-related lawyer organizations.
Some Professional Recognition
My hard and focused work on behalf of clients in the courtrooms of Florida has led to several professional honors. I have a Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating, the highest possible rating an attorney can achieve in both legal ability and ethical standards.
Outside of work altogether, my favorite time is spent with my wife,Julie Luhrsen, also an attorney, and our two kids. As it is for most families, they provide the ultimate purpose and enjoyment to my life.
Please contact us at the Luhrsen Law Group to learn even more about us as attorneys and our personal injury experience. We are a family-owned business and we take pride in helping Florida families get their lives back on track after serious injuries. We offer free consultations, and we would be happy to visit you at your home or hospital room.
- Temple University School of Law, LL.M., Trial Advocacy
- Stetson University School of Law, J.D. cum laude
- University of Tampa, B.A. cum laude
- Florida, 1993
- Virginia, 1998 (Associate)
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Florida
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating
- Captain, U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps, 1994-1997 (82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, NC; 2nd Infantry Division, Korea; Fort Bliss, Texas).
- Sergeant, US Marine Corps Reserve, 1983-90 (4th Assault Amphibious Battalion, Tampa)
Publications, Presentations & Professional Associations
- *”Back to the Future: How Rodriguez v. Lagomasino Got It Right in 2008 and Why Modern Voir Dire Should Be Guided by 1929′s Johnson v. Reynolds, The Florida Bar Journal (November 2008).
- <li”back 2008=”” and=”” bar=”” be=”” by=”” dire=”” florida=”” future:=”” got=”” guided=”” how=”” in=”” it=”” johnson=”” journal=”” lagomasino=”” modern=”” november=”” right=”” rodriguez=”” s=”” should=”” the=”” to=”” v.=”” voir=”” why=””>
- “Legal Grave Robbing: Discovery of Psychotherapy Records in Wrongful Death Cases,” The Florida Justice Association Journal (September 2007).
- Continuing Legal Education Lecturer, Florida Justice Association: Auto Negligence Seminar (2002 & 2004); Collateral Sources Seminar (2003, 2004, & 2006);Annual Convention (2003); Insurance Seminar (2004, 2006, 2007 & 2008);
- Al J. Cone Trial Advocacy Institute (2005)
- American Association for Justice
- Fellow, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Florida Justice Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Chair, Public Policy, Florida Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (2006-2007)
- Florida Highway Patrol Advisory Board, Lifetime Member
- Saint Patrick’s Roman Catholic Church
- Coach, Youth Flag Football, Suncoast Sports Club
- Jeffrey Luhrsen on Yahoo
- Jeffrey Luhrsen on Crunchbase
- Jeffrey Luhrsen on LinkedIn
- Jeffrey Luhrsen on Google+
- Jeffrey Luhrsen on Flickr
- Jeffrey Luhrsen on Martinadale
- Jeffrey Luhrsen on Quora
- Jeffrey Luhrsen on Tumblr
- Jeffrey Luhrsen on Storify